Skip to main content

Hey! Curious where I've been for the last 7+ years?

Oh my poor lonely blog, without a blogger to care for it....shame on me!  This is a typical Gemini, or A.D.H.D. behavior rather, that I often exhibit.  It's called toobusytocareism.  It's true!  I have just been too busy to pay any attention to...ME.  I love to write, but I also love all of the life events that I've endured over the past SEVEN YEARS if I'm doing my math correctly.

I began this blog ages ago - when I was recently married and not yet a Mama.  I was still quite busy with work, lots of cats and my Mister, who we'll keep anonymous - at least for now.  We were living in that gorgeous Queen Anne style Victorian in Amenia, New York, when I had started my beloved blog.  Well, it lasted less than one full month - the blog that is - not the house, relationship, etc.!  The marriage is still going strong (at least most days) and the house to the best of my knowledge still stands as well, but we don't live in it, which brings me to my first big change (and excuse for my lack of blogging).  

After years of enjoying our life-sized dollhouse, we took to the road yet again, but didn't go too far.  We stayed in New York, but moved back down to Westchester County.  There were quite a few reasons for this move, but if you want to know the procuring cause for our move, it would be the pregnancy!  I learned I was pregnant and all kinds of things took over my busy brain - including moving.  For some reason, Amenia, as beautiful and serene as it once seemed, is simply far away from lots of things and people.  I loved that little town, but I couldn't party on at Tractor Supply forever!   My tall, dark and handsome husband (still anonymous) and I decided to make a move back to civilization (well, suburban Westchester-like civilization).  I wouldn't dare move to New York City!  It's just hilarious to imagine that scene with me getting lost on the subway system month after month and year after year.  Note to other young ladies with zero sense of direction, stay away from the Big Apple!  The sheer number of subway lines is enough to make me dizzy and wish I'd have a collection of laminated City Slicker maps in my oversized handbag just in case I lose cellphone service.  

Anyway, the move happened in 2014.  I guess the remainder of 2013 I was simply getting busy in all kinds of ways (wink, wink) and trying to get accustomed to my new commercial marketing position.  The job stayed with me when I relocated and I simply moved offices from East Fishkill to Rye Brook.    The house we found in quaint South Salem was questionable with just two bedrooms, but we have totally made it work.  In the fall of 2014, we became a family of three, after the birth of my baby girl, and we lived happily ever after!  I know, I'm skipping all of the dramatic details in between then and now when I still have my tall, dark and still handsome Mister, and my FIVE-YEAR-OLD!    What the...how did that time go by so quick?!  I'll tell you...diapers, diapers, diapers, baba, baba, baba, work, work, nanny finding, nanny paying, work, work, more diapers, work, potty training,  diapers, potty training some more, more work, NO SLEEP EVER, work, preschool finding, preschool paying, work, little sleep, trying to pay enough attention to tall dark handsome Mister, teaching baby to walk, teaching baby to talk, a little more sleep, work, running around like a crazy new mom not knowing what end is up, work, trying to feel normal, exercising almost daily to never get to the size I was when I was pregnant again, more sleep, preschool another year, summer camp and poof!  Kindergarten and now...coronavirus?!  Yes, we'll save that one for another post.

My Heart is Full!

 My peculiar attempt at drawing Pete the Cat with my daughters portable chalkboard on our vacation this past New Year's week.  I swear Pete looks a lot like my cat, Dean (no relevance whatsoever to my blog post, but I felt oh-so-compelled to share.  If you have no idea who Pete the Cat is, please click here if you enjoy kids' books.

My Baby Girl, Growing Too Fast

Big Daddy and I, During the Pre-Parent Era


The Baby of the Family, Li'l Socks.

I think that's quite a bit of information for the meantime.  I hope I don't ignore my precious blog for another 7 years, but this little Mama has to get back to work and get some sleep!  

Before I go, I do want to mention that these are most definitely the very best years of my life.  I know it already - I don't even need to go any further!  Isn't that incredibly awesome?  I love my family so much (and that includes my 4 four-legged fur babies).  I have some kitties I now am missing and a couple of newbies, which I'll get into explaining some other time.  Oh!  And I guess I ought to mention the fish.  :) We make up a pretty large family here in this small two-bedroom house, now that I think about it! I find it cozy.  Very cozy.  Like a dollhouse.

Goodnight.

Yours truly,

Doll in the Dollhouse 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Dollhouse Diaries?

Why is my blog titled Dollhouse Diaries? Though I presently work full-time in the real estate industry, my full-time job about six years ago was in the dollhouse miniatures business.  Over ten years ago, I started working for a dollhouse shop in Greenwich, CT.  I was already a big dollhouse/miniature enthusiast and it just so happened that a job opportunity came up at this adorable retail shop and I happened to be perfect for this job.  The job required someone who is great with people (me), had a lot of experience in the retail business (me), thoroughly understood the meaning of 'customer service' (me again) and who had the creativity and artistic ability to help create wonderful miniature displays and even build some of the custom 1:12 scale dollhouses for both new and old customers of the store (this is SO me).  Anyway, I left my very boring job I had at the time for my new dream job and it was wonderful.  Finally, I had a job where I absolutely adored what I was doing and

Bed Blogging

Home sick with what I think may be the flu.  I may have gotten it from my boss who is such a workaholic that he refuses to ever stay away from the office.  Anyway, I believe I've been infected and no, I never got a flu shot (though I read yesterday that 4 out of every 10 Americans who did receive a flu shot are still getting certain strains of the flu). I thought about posting a picture of myself lying in bed looking sick and disgusting, like I do, but I thought I would save you all from the image, but I found these other pics of other sick people, so let's use those - for effect: I feel a real connection with this particular individual...I think it's the hoodie. So now that I'm sick, I'm looking for some activities to keep me busy, which is difficult seeing as I'm too weak to get out of bed.  I've tried to get some work done despite my condition, but when we get sick, our brains get a little foggy.  On top of already feeling not to with i